Have you considered applying for driver’s licenses and permits through the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC)? First, you’ll have to prove your identity by passing the 6 Points of ID Verification process.
The 6 Points ID Verification system was implemented to help curb identity theft by ensuring all licenses are issued with proper legal documents and verification. Keep reading to learn more.
Your 6 Points of ID Verification Questions Answered
Why Is Passing Important?
Certain licenses can’t be attained without 6 points of identification. If you’re seeking any of the following, you’ll need to comply with MVC guidelines:
- New Jersey driver’s license
- New Jersey driver’s permit or “probationary” license
- Non-driver state ID card
- Boat license
- Motorcycle license
What Documents are Accepted?
The goal is to achieve 6 points through four possible types of documents. These include:
- At least one primary ID
- At least one secondary ID
- Verifiable Social Security Number
- Proof of address
For information on specific point values, check out this 6 Points of ID brochure from the MVC. You can also refer to their online document selector for help. These tools will tell you what you need to present at an MVC agency.*
- Selector de documento verificación de 6 puntos
- Folleto para el Programa de Verificación de Identificaciones
Find Us in Jersey City, NJ, Once You Pass
Once you pass the 6 Points of ID Verification process, there’s no better place to start your used car search than at NJ State Auto Used Cars. We feature a variety of makes and models in our inventory of quality used cars for sale in Jersey City, NJ. Let us help you today.
* Every ID document you present must be an unexpired, unlaminated, original or certified copy with the official state or municipal seal. If any documents do not meet this requirement, or if any of your documents appear altered or false or are deemed invalid for any reason, you may be required to submit a reissued valid document or additional documentation.