Q: Can I renew my driver’s license online in NJ?
A: Yes, you can renew your NJ driver’s license online.
Renew New Jersey Driver’s License
There are two ways to renew your New Jersey driver’s license or photo ID. Renew your NJ license:
- At a Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office.
If you are eligible, you must renew online. However, if you decide to request a REAL ID for the first time, you must do so in person.
Renew Your New Jersey License Online
You can renew your New Jersey license or state ID online if you(r):
- Address on file is accurate (you can update your address online before renewing).
- Current ID photo is no more than 4 years old.
- Are not applying for a REAL ID for the first time.
You MUST renew your New Jersey driver’s license online if you are eligible.
To renew your NJ license or ID online, visit the MVC online portal and provide your:
- Zip code.
- Driver’s license number.
- Social security number (SSN).
- Email address.
- Credit card information for payment. The MVC accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards.
Your renewal will be effective immediately. Once you complete the transaction, print the temporary license and keep it with you when you drive.
It will take approximately 10-20 days to receive your license in the mail.
And when you are ready to start shopping for a car, check out some of these articles below: